Heart-led Writing Coaching
Do more with blogs, web content, books, social media.
Self-expression is the way we connect, engage, communicate and build everything, from a business audience to confidence and community. But it is rarely taught and, for many of us, is buried under creative doubt, a lack of confidence or experience, or simply not knowing where to start.
Heart-led writing coaching combines coaching elements with practical editorial support to enable you to create more authentic self-expression in life and work.
Start writing from the heart, in alignment with your values and beliefs. Communicate with confident authenticity and find a creation process that works for you. Overcome your individual obstacles to self-expression and get more joy from creativity.
How is this delivered?
I have created 3 heart-led writing coaching packages that provide options for every set of professional or personal needs. All cover the elements of the structure set out below.
Intro heart-led writing coaching package
£320. Time commitment: 6 hrs
A concise course to inspire and motivate you, provide structure, vision and strategy, as well as the confidence to get started. This includes:
- A workbook to guide you through the course, including assignments (which I will feed back on), practical exercises and worksheets between each session to get you thinking and pushing your creative boundaries.
- 1 x 1hr online life coaching session focused on what might be stopping you expressing yourself effectively (lack of confidence, imposter syndrome etc) and how to move past it.
- 1 x 1 hr writing coaching session looking at where you are now, what you want to be different and how you can achieve this. Inspiration, motivation and confidence building.
- 1 x 1hr session focused on your specific medium, whether that’s a novel, your own blog, website text or getting more warmth into your social media captions. Developing a strategy for you to use going forward and getting your writing under way with my guidance and input.
Enhanced heart-led writing coaching package
£505. Time commitment: 10 hours
This package involves more editorial attention, more 1:1 coaching time and a more intensive approach to dispersing the creative and emotional obstacles stopping you from achieving your goals.
- A workbook to guide you through the course, including assignments (which I will feedback on) , practical exercises and worksheets between each session to get you thinking and pushing your creative boundaries.
- An online intro session with me to define your course goal.
- 2 x 1 hr life coaching sessions on creative confidence and self-belief, focused on what might be stopping you expressing yourself effectively (lack of confidence, imposter syndrome etc) and how to move past it.
- 2 x 1 hr writing coaching sessions looking at where you are now, what you want to be different and how you can achieve this. Inspiration, motivation and confidence building.
- 2 x 1hr sessions focused on your specific medium, whether that’s a novel, your own blog, website text or getting more warmth into your social media captions. Developing a strategy for you to use going forward and getting your writing under way with my guidance and input.
Bespoke heart-led writing coaching package
£1,125. Time Commitment: 20 hours
This package can be tailored specifically to your goals and the experience you want to have. You are buying 15 hours of my time to dedicate to a bespoke coaching structure that will work for you to achieve your writing goal.
All 6 modules delivered via the combination of face-to-face or online coaching, assignments, worksheets, exercises that will best work for you (to a bespoke structure devised by me after an initial consultation).
Heart-led writing coaching structure
Who are you writing for? A deep dive into who you’re trying to communicate with so that you’re clear about the connections you want to make.
What is standing in the way? Identifying blocks and using well established coaching techniques and NLP exercises to move you past them.
Writing from the most authentic parts of you. Exercises to better understand what you want to say and how you want to say it.
Setting your writing goals and strategy. Getting clarity on what you’re trying to achieve and implementing a structure to make it happen.
Exploring your chosen medium – individual advice, support and guidance on finding your own authentic style within mediums where others have done so.
Direct editorial support. An experienced perspective on your work, including suggested changes. Keeping you motivated to achieve your writing goals with insightful and experienced direct support and guidance.
Who is this for?
Intro. You’re looking for a concise coaching experience to inspire and motivate you and give you a structure, vision and strategy to work from going forward, as well as the confidence to get started.
Enhanced. You’d benefit from writing support that involves more editorial attention and a more intensive approach to dispersing the creative and emotional obstacles stopping you from achieving your goals.
Bespoke. You’d like editorial and coaching support designed specifically for your needs and a bespoke, flexible approach for your individual goals. Ideal if you’re tackling an ambitious goal or you’re not 100% what you want to achieve yet and want to explore this as part of the process.
Writing coaching learning outcomes
What type of writing?
Literary. Blogs and articles. Web content. Social media. Creative writing.
What practical outcomes can you expect at the end of it?
- Confidence in your voice, message and creative potential.
- Clear strategy, structure and goals, as well as a plan to work towards them.
- Audience insight and ideas for connection.
- Establishing your own authentic style for your specific medium.
- Getting joy from the writing process and excited about what you can do next.
Support and guidance
You’ll get practical, editorial support from an experienced (and published) writer, as well as the insightful guidance and challenge of a qualified coach.
Getting clear on what you want to do
What do you want to say and how do you want to say it? Exploring and refining your message/mission statement, as well as tone, strategy and goals. Looking at how you want to connect with people and the options available for that. Breaking out of the limits you might be placing on what’s possible.
Identifying your audience
Who are you trying to reach? Connect to what they want and need and how you can help them to overcome problems. Get past the obstacles that can be created by the idea of selling, imposter syndrome over something like writing a whole novel, or the conditioning that surrounds the idea of what is ‘professional.’
Removing the obstacles
What’s holding you back? Creative expression can be hampered by any number of things, from past experiences to a lack of confidence or just not knowing where to start. We will work together to uncover the blocks that are personal to you and overcome them so that you can move forward feeling confident and inspired and enjoy your creativity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why have you created the heart-led writing course?
How do the modules work?
The modules are delivered through the combination of practical exercises, editorial support and coaching sessions. By the end of the course you will have covered all the modules with an emphasis on the elements of each one that matter most to you. This means that there is some flexibility to focus on what you need most, including with the Intro package.
What happens if we start and it's not for me?
x 2 published author (crime thrillers, Alex Blackmore)
Copywriter of 10+ years experience (incl brands such as Red Bull, Travelex and many boutique businesses, such as Roger Frampton Strength Coach and Akademie Street Guest House)
Print interviews including Sir Tim Berners Lee, inventor of the internet.
A whole new discovery for me..
“Alex is helping me thaw out my deeply buried dream to write as well as teaching me the practical skills I need. As a coach I am used to talking through significant challenging issues in private, but writing from the heart with the intention of publishing is a whole new discovery for me. The course structure combines the vital rigour, research, courage and self-expression that’s necessary. Alex’s coaching is invaluable in achieving all this. I highly recommend Alex.”